If you want to allow only certain users to visit your Web site, or want to restrict certain users to certain portions of your site, then you need to provide user authentication. There are a number of approaches to tackle authentication...
The following list is a number of useful links to articles on various authentication techniques:
AUTHENTICATION TECHNIQUESClassic ASP Techniques:
- Simple Authentication
- Creating a Database-Driven Login Page
- Authentication Methods in IIS
- ASP Authentication Using IP Address
- Using Forms Authentication in ASP.NET
- Dissecting Forms Authentication
- Building Secure ASP.NET Applications: Authentication, Authorization, and Secure Communication
AUTHORIZATION TECHNIQUES (RESTRICTING ACCESS)Classic ASP Techniques:
If you have any links to good authentication articles, send them in!