SQL Guru Questions and Answers
- How can I use a
CASEstatement in Transact SQL?
- Returning Rows in Random Order
- Retrieving Information Spread Across Multiple Tables
- Programmatically Creating a SQL Database
- Programmatically Determining if a Table Exists
- Performing Cascading Deletes with Triggers
- How Can I Gracefully Validate a User Login through SQL?
- I've heard that
varchardatatypes are padded. Is this true?
- Replacing a Character in a Textual Column
- Deleting Duplicate Records While Keeping a Single Copy
UPDATETrigger Not Working
- Removing a Column from a Table
- Returning Rows that Contain the Nth Largest Value from a Column
- Case-Sensitive Searches
- Advantages and Disadvantages of DTS
- Traversing a Tree-like Database Table Using Access
- A Discussion on Clustered and Nonclustered Indexes
- Returning the Total Number of Rows in Two Tables
- Creating Non-Numeric Primary Keys
SELECTing a Recordset from the Results of a Stored Procedure
- Advice Needed on a Funky Data Model
- Replication from an AS/400 to a SQL Server
- Data Modeling Software Recommendations for SQL
- Database Design Book Recommendations
- Ranking Search Results
- Tracking Chess Game Results and Stats
- Performing Complete Recursive Joins
- Checking NULL Values
- Using the
INNotation in Stored Procedures
- Performing Recursive Joins
- The Speed of Dynamic Queries
- Help! My Triggers Aren't Firing!
- Can you do cascade deletes using SQL Server?
- Question regarding the relationship between one table and two related subtables.
- Is there some stored procedure I can use to determine the last date all of the tables in a database were updated?
- Is it possible to have parameterized
- I have a table which has a unique, numeric ID field that isn't always sequential. How can I search through the table and make sure the ID numbers are sequential?
- How can I easily search all the fields in a row?