While crypto wallets take pride in their security, sometimes their tight security may work against you. If you have ever gotten locked out of your crypto wallet, you will understand what we are talking about. The feeling of not being able to access your finds is a frustrating ordeal. The pain of losing funds you may have kept in the wallet as an investment can even lead to depression.
However, being locked out of your crypto wallet isn’t the end. You still have about three options you can try out before calling it the end. One of these three methods has helped many investors recover blockchain wallets. So, if you cannot access your blockchain wallets, here are three things you can try out. With a bit of luck, you will be able to gain access back to your crypto wallet.
Recover blockchain wallets with cloud backup
If you want to register your wallet on a new device, you accidentally deleted your wallet, or any other reason why you will need to register your wallet on a device, this is a viable option. Blockchain wallet providers understand that their users will at one point need this service; hence they created the option for users to back up their wallets to Google Drive or iCloud in case of an emergency. So, whether you are an iPhone or Android user, this option is available to you. You can even use this option on your PC, both macOS and Windows devices. Follow the steps below if you want to recover your wallet using this method:
- If you have previously backed your wallet to the cloud, start downloading the blockchain wallet.
- Rather than signing in with your wallet ID and password.
- A prompt will pop on your device asking you to choose the drive and account you have backed up in your wallet.
- Click on the appropriate folder and wait a couple of minutes as the backup gets restored on your device.
- You will get a successful prompt, and that is all about how to recover blockchain wallets using the cloud.
Note that using this step does not require filling your seed phrase or wallet password. So, you must keep your phone safe and secure your cloud with a strong password.
Using seed phrase
Another method you can use in case you do not remember your password is with your seed phrase. However, many wallet holders do not keep their seed phrase securely or even save it. But if you are cautious from the beginning, register for the wallet, and successfully save your wallet’s seed phrase, you can use this method to recover your wallet. Follow the steps below to learn how to use seed phrases to recover blockchain wallets.
- The first thing to do when you want to use this step is to visit the wallet website and click on recover wallet.
- On the next window, click on recover wallet with recovery phrases.
- Next, you will be prompted to input the seed phrase of your wallet in the order in which you were given.
- Enter all 12 seed phrases, separating each word with a space, and then tap on continue.
- If you follow all the steps correctly, you will restore your wallet in no time.
Note that using seed phrases to recover blockchain wallets does not require you to remember your wallet password. Hence, it is very important to keep them safe. With all 12 seed phrases, anyone can easily recover the blockchain wallets of anybody.
Contacting crypto recovery service
Last but not least, if you got locked out of your wallet and neither of the steps above seems to be of any real use, you can try contacting a crypto recovery service. Crypto recovery services offer diverse services, including helping users recover blockchain wallets. Contacting a crypto recovery service is ideal when you do not remember your wallet password, part of your seed phrase, or lost access to the email you used to register for the wallet. Follow the steps below to use this method to recover blockchain wallets.
- Contact Brute Brothers, the most reliable crypto recovery service, with your issue of recovering your wallet.
- You will be asked to provide details of your wallet, including parts of the seed phrase you remember, your wallet ID, and your password ideas.
- A representative will analyze the odds of recovering your wallet and give you feedback on the information you provided.
- If the wallet can be recovered, you will be assisted in gaining access to your wallet.