The world of online gambling is a vast and treacherous landscape, home to thousands of gambling sites. Hence, it hides many pitfalls that newbies can easily fall into that can greatly sour the enjoyment of this pastime.
An element of the gaming experience that people starting out playing games of chance over the internet overlook is payment method selection. Yet, veteran online gamblers know how much of a pivotal role it can play in how smooth gambling fun can be, as no one wants to bother with unnecessary hassles when trying to make deposits and withdrawals from an online casino.
Below, we provide a quick rundown of the most secure online payment methods for digital gaming action while also answering the following questions:
- What is the safest method of online payment?
- How do you pay for online gambling?
- Can you use your bank account for online gambling?
- What cards can be used for online gambling?
- What are the safest online gambling sites?
Most Secure Payment Methods to Use in Online Casinos
It is worth noting that Microgaming came up with the first online casino software in 1994. Yet, it was not until CryptoLogic invented its proprietary payment system that this sphere got up and running. Therefore, online gambling cannot exist without gamblers having access to a safe way to play online.
Thankfully, today, hundreds of such transaction options exist, vying for the title – the safest way to shop online. Though not all of them are available for online gamblers, many are, and we rattle off five safe online payment methods that many internet table game and slot enthusiasts rank as the best ones.
- Wire transfer – Although many people view it as an old-fashioned method, it is undoubtedly the safest way to pay online. Yet, it is also the most cumbersome. Wire transfer withdrawals at some gambling sites can take up to seven working days or more to go through.
- Credit cards – Estimations are that by 2023, there will be 29.3 billion credit cards in circulation globally. Currently, Visa is the credit/debit card king, with 1.8 billion cards used worldwide. It is also the most widely accepted card at online casinos. While, in general, this method has top-end security, its downfall is that the same as wire transfers, it offers slow processing times.
- Cash App – Yes, online gambling using Cash App is a possibility. However, it is an option that every internet gaming platform allows, and it is mainly a pick on hand at US-facing sites, those catering to a North American clientele. The software itself has bank account-like security.
- PayPal – PayPal is the money storing software that started the e-wallet craze. It is the granddaddy of them all. While Skrill, Neteller, and other PayPal competitors have gotten a more dramatic foothold in this sector, they cannot match the safety protocols established by the e-wallet that Elon Musk co-founded.
- Cryptocurrencies – Everyone is talking about cryptos these days. But, Bitcoin has been a viable payment choice for online gambling since 2011. Nonetheless, it was not until 2014 rolled around that it became a reality for people to gamble on modern slots using digital money. Cryptos boast faster transfer speeds, but if a user pastes the wrong wallet address, his deposited funds are gone forever, as all crypto transactions are final.
How to Keep Your Online Gambling Experience Safe
When gambling online, there are several things you can do that will ensure that you are not a victim of identity theft. These include:
- Only Play at Reliable Sites – You can check if your considered casino uses advanced SSL encryption by looking for the lock icon in your browser’s address bar.
- Enable 2FA – Always set up a second factor of authentication for your online casino account if that is an option.
- Track Your Login Activity – You can do so via your casino profile page.
- Use Established Payment Methods – Stick to the ones listed in this article, and do not get overly adventurous when it comes to this department.
- Install Anti-Malware Software – It is wise to have decent anti-malware software running at all times. Because if a keylogger or some other nefarious program makes it onto your device, you can face dramatic consequences.
Most Secure Online Casinos For 2022
According to aggregated player reviews, the top three safest online casinos on the World Wide Web are:
- BetUS – Predominately known as an internet sportsbook, BetUS is also an online casino that features a game library of over two hundred and fifty titles. It accepts credit/debit cards and crypto payments. New users get to enjoy a 150% deposit match of up to $3,000 if they remember to input the bonus code CAS150 on sign-up.
- Las Atlantis – Las Atlantis is a platform that burst onto the scene at the start of 2020, dazzling everyone with its welcome bonus that can yield up to $14,000 in casino cash. The deal’s initial code is LASATLANTIS, and it accepts the most popular US credit/debit cards, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Neosurf payments. Regardless of its novelty, it may be the answer to the question – what is the safest online casino?
- Wild Casino – Wild is a casino that aims to walk the fine line of catering to fiat and crypto gaming fans. It does this by supplying separate registration packages for both crowds. The crypto one is understandably more advantageous as it can provide $4,000 more in bonus money over a player’s initial five deposits. Its codes are CRYPTO300 and CRYPTO 150, and its total worth is $9,000.
The Wrap Up
Some online casinos offer up to twenty payment choices in their banking pages, while others only a few. Therefore, for newcomers, who have not done loads of online gambling, things may get confusing regarding what options they should pick from a pile that includes several they are already using. We suggest utilizing one of the five picks discussed above as tried and tested options that millions of gamblers believe in.